I Blog About…
- The trials & tribulations of building our new life as we become more sensitive to nature, more aware of the impact we have on the environment and more determined to pursue a peaceful, fulfilling lifestyle
- Eco-friendly methods & products – I’m far from being an expert but I want to share all we are learning… education is the first step to awareness and change
- Gardening organically – sharing the joys and woes of growing green
- Nature in all her forms – the beautiful (and sometimes ugly!) manifestations of Mother Nature inspire me
- Random things that make us happy and sad – this blog is also for our friends and family who can’t be with us every day to discuss the books we’ve read or the wine we’ve drunk so it’s a good way to keep them posted and share light-hearted stuff with the bloggin community too
I say ‘I blog about’ because this has become ‘my’ baby. Steve is the technical whizz to whom the responsibilty falls for all things PC and tekkie. Relying on him doesn’t really fit with my independant girl power thing, so I have learnt to build ‘our’ blog and now take responsibility for its development.
We are Steve and Denise and we emigrated from the UK to Montenegro in May 2006. Our decision to change our lifestyle was driven by the value we place on happiness. We traded property ownership, working long hours for someone else and regular incomes, for cash in the bank and time and space to be together. This gave us the freedom to make different choices. We are practical people – we have limited talents and funds – so we had to choose to do something that played to our strengths and gave us enough money to live on. Our combined talents (cooking, gardening, entertaining) led us to aim for opening a resort of our own. Having enjoyed naturist holidays for over a decade, we knew we wanted to provide a space where folk could get their kit off in the sun if they felt like it.
It took a year and a lot of adventures before we found the right piece of land and a further 6 months before we could buy all we needed to get started. Our original plan to build a resort of wooden cabins was scuppered by the news that one day there may be a major highway on or near our plots. Low impact, low cost camping seemed the way to go.
We weren’t eco warriors when we set out on this journey but having bought a beautiful piece of land that would be difficult and expensive to connect to mains water & electric we learnt more about alternative approaches and are now converts to off-grid living and the environmentally friendly techniques we are championing here.
Contact us at: denise (at) full-monte (dot) com